1. FEES (in San Diego, Orange and Riverside Counties)
- Fee-Split: All fees and charges are split evenly between the parties and payable to “Sunderland Mediation.”
- Hourly Rate: $350.00; minimum 2-hour charge
- Pre-Mediation Review/Conference & Review of Briefs: Billed at hourly rate.
- Half-Day Mediation (4 hours): $1,300
- Full-Day Mediation (8 hours): $2,600
- Excess Time Beyond Reserved Period: $350 per hour in excess of scheduled block
- Travel Time: No Charge in San Diego, Orange & Riverside Counties. Travel time billed at ½ hourly rate for all other areas.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
Mr. Sunderland charges an administrative fee of $100 per invoiced party.
3. CONFERENCE ROOM FEES
Mr. Sunderland can mediate at one of the participating attorney’s office at no additional charge to the parties. Alternatively, one of the attorneys participating in the mediation may have an ongoing professional relationship with a court reporting firm that will provide conference rooms at no charge.
Mr. Sunderland can also arrange for and provide conference rooms through a local court reporting firm for the negotiated below-market rate (currently $350 per day) that is divided by the number of parties and charged to them.
4. EXTRA TIME
Mr. Sunderland charges for extra preparation, conference and follow-up time at $350 per hour. After the mediation has concluded, Mr. Sunderland will send a supplemental invoice which is due and payable upon receipt.
Each participant’s share of the total amount due must be deposited (14) days before the mediation in order to preserve the reservation. Otherwise, Mr. Sunderland may offer the date to other potential mediation participants.
6. CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT
If the mediation is canceled or postponed within (7) days of the scheduled date, the party requesting the cancellation or postponement may be responsible for the full deposit (not just the canceling party’s share of the deposit) unless Mr. Sunderland’s time can be rescheduled for another matter or the parties conclude mediation with Mr. Sunderland within 30 days of
7. PAYMENT RESPONSIBILITY
The attorney and/or his, her, their client are jointly and severally liable to the mediator for payment of fees and costs. The contract to retain Mr. Sunderland’s services is entered into at 16767 Bernardo Center Drive, No. 270457, San Diego, California.
The attorney and client agree to pay the Mediator for all excess time beyond the pre-mediation payment per the schedule provided herein.
Payments shall be made to “SUNDERLAND MEDIATION” and mailed to:
16767 Bernardo Center Drive, No. 270457
San Diego, California 92198
8. EFFECTIVE DATE
This schedule is effective through December 31, 2020.