1. FEES (in San Diego, Orange and Riverside Counties)
- Fee-Split: All fees and charges are split evenly between the parties and payable to “West Coast Resolution Group.”
- Hourly Rate: $375.00
Minimum 2-hour charge.
- Pre-Mediation Review/Conference & Review of Briefs: Billed at hourly rate.
- Half-Day Mediation (5 hours): $1,875
Includes 1-hour review of Briefs/Exhibits, pre-mediation call(s) with counsel and 4 hours of session time).
- Three-Quarter Day Mediation (7.5 hours): $2,812.50
Includes 1.5 hour review of Briefs/Exhibits, pre-mediation call(s) with counsel and 6 hours of session time).
- Full-Day Mediation (10 hours): $3,750
Includes 2 hours review of Briefs/Exhibits, pre-mediation call(s) with Counsel, and 8 hours of single-day session time).
- Excess Time Beyond Reserved Period: $375 per hour in excess of scheduled block.
- Travel Time: No Charge in San Diego, Orange & Riverside Counties. Travel time billed at ½ hourly rate for all other areas.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
West Coast Resolution Group charges an administrative fee of $195 per invoiced party.
3. CONFERENCE ROOM FEES
Mediations are conducted via Zoom, in person at the West Coast Resolution Group offices, located at 530 B Street, Suite 1700, San Diego, CA 92101 or at one of the participating attorney’s office, at no additional charge to the parties.
4. EXTRA TIME
Mr. Sunderland charges for extra preparation, conference and follow-up time at $375 per hour. After the mediation has concluded, Mr. Sunderland will send a supplemental invoice which is due and payable upon receipt.
Each participant’s share of the total amount due must be deposited (14) days before the mediation in order to preserve the reservation. Otherwise, Mr. Sunderland may offer the date to other potential mediation participants.
6. CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT
If the mediation is canceled or postponed within (14) days of the scheduled date, the party requesting the cancellation or postponement may be responsible for the full deposit (not just the canceling party’s share of the deposit) unless Mr. Sunderland’s time can be rescheduled for another matter or the parties conclude mediation with Mr. Sunderland within 30 days of the original, scheduled date.
7. PAYMENT RESPONSIBILITY
The attorney and/or his, her, their client are jointly and severally liable to the mediator for payment of fees and costs. The contract to retain Mr. Sunderland’s services is entered into in San Diego, California.
The attorney and client agree to pay the Mediator for all excess time beyond the pre-mediation payment per the schedule provided herein.
Payments shall be made to “WEST COAST RESOLUTION GROUP” (Tax I.D. No. 33-0433314) and mailed to:
West Coast Resolution Group
530 B Street, Suite 1700
San Diego, CA 92101
8. EFFECTIVE DATE
This schedule is effective through June 30, 2022.